Monday, October 12, 2009

It's official...I'm the worst blogger ever.

I'm sorry blogger.com...but when it comes down to it, updating the world with the little new information about my life is low on my priority list. However, I do feel a little bit guilty...because I think it's both healthy and necessary to have a little get-away time from the hectic senior year I'm already having.

So my last update was in March. Hm. That was 7 months ago...what has developed since...

Well, first off...(if any of you are still on the edge of your seats) I was elected Student Body President, but not without a little controversy. Nothing like starting off my career as an elected official with a bang. This position is one of the many reasons as to why 4 hours of sleep is a luxury. I love it, I really, really do...but before Senate was back in session, I kinda wanted someone to impeach me (kidding...kinda). It's a hard job to juggle all by yourself, but I'm lucky to have such a great VP in Danny. Not only does he keep me on track with the important stuff, he provides the quality sarcastic remarks here and there. FYI, if he calls you and you miss/ignore it, do not text him back. This makes him angry. Just call. Or answer in the first place.

I finished my Christ College honors thesis over the summer after long, long hours of reading, developing thought, and writing. I ended up entitling it "Discovering and Understanding the Tragedy in Romance: A Theory of Love"...but ask me now as to what my conclusion was, and I'll have a hard time remembering. And now I have begun my political science honors thesis...originally, I was incredibly excited about starting it (as I do love politics), but now it's becoming another burden. It's incredibly difficult to be responsible for writing this huge paper while reading 200+ pages (which are completely irrelevant to my topic, mind you) on top of that for class discussion. I'm only taking 13 credits (the past three years, I took 18-22 credits each semester), but it feels like 32. I was hoping that things would be settled down by now (since we're only 3 DAYS from fall break!), but it hasn't. This is probably my doing because I sometimes find it difficult to stick to a schedule...but I'm choosing to blame it on this thesis that's hovering above my head.

Bah.

On an incredibly optimistic and positive note, I am absolutely loving the social aspects of senior year so far. I honestly love my friends to death and I truly can't imagine not seeing these people every day next year. Even at the age of 22, I've made so many great friends within these first 7-ish weeks of school...it truly amazes me. I really want to live this year to the fullest (cheesy, yes, I know)...regardless if that means I have to spend $20 to go to a concert, or spend $7 to see another terrible movie that Justin wants to go to. These are going to be the moments I remember.

As I said earlier, Fall Break begins Wednesday (well technically Thursday)...and I'm heading to DC for the second year in a row! Not only do I get to spend some quality time with @collinfields and Danny in Georgetown, but my dad and Nick will also be out there over the weekend! Needless to say, I'm super excited...and I've never driven to DC, so this should be an interesting experience. 4-ish years ago our marching band took a trip to NYC via bus, but I really wasn't paying attention to the scenery (or possible lack thereof), so I'm pumped for a day full of driving.

On a completely random note, I'm in love with the show Glee. Not only do I absolutely love show choir, but I just love this show. If there were any way I could become a cast member, I would probably have a heart attack. I think I missed my calling...I'm destined to be in show choir forever. Ha.

Second random note. I experienced a major blast from the past this weekend, in the form of an ex-boyfriend. I don't really know what else to say at the moment, besides the fact that it was unexpected...and I think anybody else who was there could account for that.

Well, there is absolutely no reason for me to still be awake right now...I could have been in bed before midnight. #fail. And I'll try to update more often. #thatsalie.



(If there's snow on the ground when I wake up, I'm yelling at my dad...and @zachuey and @triberocker)

No comments: