Once again, I have failed to regularly post on my own blog. Ugh. And I knew this was actually going to happen too, I was just hoping to prolong the inevitable. Because of this, let me update you on my life (in a nutshell):
1. I'm currently back home in Sioux Falls enjoying my 15 day spring break (I return to VU a week from today). Went to Monk's for the first time and enjoyed some imported German beer with Charli (she also graduated from WHS with me and also goes to Valpo!) and her awesome boyfriend Drew...I've also been hanging out with the family. Went to the midnight show of Watchmen with CFields. Probably the most interesting crowd of people I have ever seen in my entire life. I actually didn't fall asleep and did enjoy the movie, for the most part.
2. I've been working out on a more consistent basis lately, resulting in an incredibly sore back...and sore shoulders...and sore thighs...and sore abs. Ugh.
3. Before leaving for break, I was responsible for heading a committee to re-vamp, re-format, re-do, uphaul the current Student Senate financial system. Ugh. This resulted in a 5-page motion to Senate (the longest in Senate history btw) which I will have to read out loud to Senate the day we get back from break. Nothing like giving a boring, 30-minute speech.
4. My roommate turned 21 over break. Should be an interesting rest of the semester.
5. Went to Sigma Phi Epsilon's semi-formal, aka the Speakeasy, with Luke :) It was easily one of the best nights I have ever had at Valpo!
6. I am currently writing my honors' thesis for Christ College this semester for ProfHoff's seminar entitled "The Perplexities of Personal Love." I figured that because I am such an expert in the field, I might as well write a thesis............
I'm looking at developing tragic love and the western fascination of it...but that's to be conquered within these final days of break.
7. I saw Jon McLaughlin in concert at the House of Blues. Amazing.
8. I've become involved in the choir at Bethel Church and I've absolutely loved it! I've also been thinking and praying about playing piano and singing for the Worship Team, but due to complications from me being gone or busy with school, it's kind of up-in-the-air right now...but it's ultimately in God's hands!
9. Speaking of Bethel, I am so thankful to have found a church that I truly love...and a church that honestly challenges me. I don't want to be comfortable during a sermon...I need the challenge...and this is what I get from Bethel. I'm terrified to have to leave Bethel after graduation, but I know that, once again, it's all in His hands!
10. I'm really excited for Kelly Clarkson's new cd...yeah, yeah...mock me if you want. You can listen to it at vh1.com!
11. I love my family...they are the greatest.
12. As for this summer, I will be coming back to SFSD...either working at Old Navy or doing an internship with a certain hospital in their certain lobbying arena...or a combination of both! But I'm really excited to come back to SD so I can make my cousin's wedding (eeek!) and spend time with her baby when he arrives (eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!). However, I am not excited about working at Old Navy...don't even talk to me about it. Ha.
13. Myself and my two future roommates have officially agreed on an apartment for next year...well, it's actually a townhouse located off of Vale Park (Williamsburg on the Lake...except it's more of a retention pond, but ssshh don't tell anybody). And since I pretty much just gave out my future address, feel free to stalk.
14. I'm still single...woo.
15. I really can't think of anything else.
16. I really like numbered lists...they work well for me.